Pick-up lines are a thing of the past. Aren’t they? We mainly do our hunting and flirting from behind the warm glow of our phones or laptops these days – and let’s face it, it’s so much easier. Well, I reckon it’s still fun to meet people IN REAL LIFE which is why I have compiled a list of 13 of my favourite chat-up lines that you simply must try this weekend. Let me know in the comments how you get on!
- You look like my first wife! (How many have you had?) None.
- Hey did you drop something? (Ummm What?) Your standards. Hi I’m Nick.
- You must be a banana because I find you a peeling.
- Your name must be Coca Cola, because you’re so-da-licious.
“Do not try more than twice to engage the same person.”Source
- I wanna live in your socks so I can be with you every step of the way.
- Are you my Appendix? Because I have a funny feeling in my stomach that makes me feel like I should take you out.
- Have you been to the doctor lately? Cause I think you’re lacking some Vitamin Me.
- Are you accepting applications for your fan club?
- Kiss me if I’m wrong but dinosaurs still exist right?
- Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?
- I think there is something wrong with my phone. Could you try calling it for me to see if it rings?
- I can’t find my puppy – can you help me find him? I think he went into this secluded, romantic area here…
- See my friend over there? He wants to know if you think I’m cute.
- I just wanna let you know how beautiful you are and was wondering if you could buy me a drink?
“A great pick up line only works if it is followed by real and engaging conversation. Otherwise it is like giving beautiful paints and a canvas to a man with no creative talent. Good start but no art. Before someone reaches out to a new person, they should write down at least 5 reasons they would be a great person to get to know. No bull. 5 at least. If they cannot come up with 5 then the best line in the world will get them nowhere.”
Matthew Anderson, Relationship Coach
We all love a tryer, so fingers crossed one of these lines works for you! Good luck.